USING THIS HANDBOOK AND TOOLKIT
This handbook and toolkit is for staff and elected officials from Alberta’s small and mid-sized municipalities.
The purpose of this handbook is to introduce asset management concepts – with a focus on implementation – to small and mid-sized communities.
This handbook will:
- provide an overview of the process of asset management, the objectives, an the benefits;
- identify the mindsets and key elements of asset management that enable success;
- describe information management for asset management and good decision making;
- sow how staff throughout a municipality contribute to successful asset management; and
- suggest ways if implementing asset management through existing municipal processes.
The Toolkit is focused on providing “how to” information. It includes processes, examples, and a set of practical and editable tools and templates that can be used by any organization to get started with asset management using the information and resources they already have.